Following you find an often searched clarification about the demo/cronus license shipped with each nav setup and the msdn license shipped, if downloaded using msdn abo.
The Demo License
The demo license is automatically installed when you install the Demo Option. The demo license works with the CRONUS International Ltd. demonstration database, has serial number 000, and includes granule 540. The license allows access to the entire base application and limited access to the development system.
Properties of the Demo License
When the demo license is installed, you can:
- Start up to two simultaneous client sessions on any platform.
- Create up to two companies.
- Support an unlimited number of web users.
- Run in any supported language.
- Use all application functionality, including add-on products, local extensions and customizations in current and previous versions. This means that you can run, but not modify, all object types within the range 1 to 99,999,999.
- Run and modify table 18, pages 21 and 22, report 101, and XMLports 99,008,503 and 99,008,510.
- Run, modify, and create fields 99,990 to 99,999, page 99,999, report 99,999, and MenuSuite 90.
Limitations of the Demo License
The demo license does not allow you to:
- Import objects in text format, except for page and report ID 99,999.
- Enter dates in months other than November, December, January, and February.
- The demo license can only be used with demonstration companies such as CRONUS International Ltd..
When you run a country/region version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, the license must correspond with the country/region version that you have installed, e.g. for german version the company is “CRONUS AG”.
The MSDN license
The MSDN license file gives access to Microsoft Dynamics NAV functionality, with the following restrictions:
- You can only enter dates in November, December, January, and February.
- The size of the database can be a maximum of 100MB.
- You are only allowed to make 4000 write transactions in a database.
In addition, you can modify the following objects in the Object Designer:
- Table 18 can be modified. Fields from 99,990 through 99,999 can be inserted.
- Forms/Pages 21 and 22 can be modified. Forms/Pages 99,998 and 99,999 can be inserted.
- Report 101 can be modified. Report 99,999 can be inserted.
- MenuSuite 90 can be inserted.
- XML Port 99,999 can be inserted.
With the MSDN license, you can create new objects (tables, forms/pages, reports, and so on) in the object range from 123,456,700 through 123,456,799. It is not possible to edit the standard Microsoft Dynamics NAV objects or the objects dedicated to customer solutions.